Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rice noodles with flank steak...




I was face booking earlier today and saw a recipe that looked very interesting.  I had everything but the lemongrass and the fresh herbs it called for so I went to the store for a quick pick up.  Ever notice how a quick pick up can take an hour?  The store sabotaged my plans by having a big sale in the produce area.  I cannot resist tri-colored peppers when they are on sale, I don't know why.

I am giving you the link for the recipe.

 http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/12151/Cold-Rice-Noodles-with-Grilled-Chicken-and-Peanut-Sauce.html

 Hopefully it will work.  Having eaten it, the only thing I would change is the amount of fresh herb I put on my serving, I would go a little lighter.  And when you make it for two you could probably cut the dipping sauce and the dressing recipe in half.  I still have some of both left and I hate to waste.  This was the first time I used lemongrass.  It gave a bright note to the dish.  I think I will look for other recipes with it as an ingredient.  Oh, and my darling husband/best friend is not a chicken man so I used flank steak instead.  Same marinade, just substituted the flank steak cut into small pieces.  Worked wonderfully!!!  I will make this recipe again and I really can't think of any tweaks I would do.  It's very good as written.

If you like oriental flavors you will like this recipe.  Very full and very satisfied.




1 comment:

  1. This was a cold? salad with flank steak. The noodles made it fun and the steak took it over the top. Thanks baby!

    ReplyDelete