Sunday, June 3, 2012

Herbed focaccia...



Today was a free day.  Breakfast was simply a bowl of cereal.  I didn't even bother to take a picture...corn Chex and Cherrios.  We skipped lunch for some much needed exercise.  We went to Pipstem State Park and ran the disc golf course.  Honestly, I did not make it for the full 18 holes.  The top 9 was about all I could manage.  My darling husband/best friend took on the second 9 and came back to tell me that it was very physically challenging.  Glad I opted out.  We plan to go play the top part of the course at least once a week.  Maybe after a few months of doing that I will be able to attempt the bottom 9.

When it came to fix dinner there was nothing new and exciting that I wanted to try, so I went to an oldie but a goodie.  Some times you just want to throw together something quick.

I don't normally buy bread becasue I love it a bit too much. but when I picked up the ciabatta rolls for the burgers I could not resist the loaf of herbed focaccia bread that was sitting right beside the rolls.  And knowing I DID NOT want that bread to go stale or mold or anything stupid like that I decided to have it for dinner.  And nothing goes with herbed focaccia like spaghetti.  I wanted something a bit spicy so I replaced one can of petite dices tomatoes with a can of the salsa style roasted tomatoes.  Other than that, the recipe is the same as a previous post.  I like to roast my own peppers and such but some days you just have to take advantage of what is already available.  It's nice to have a go to meal that comes together quickly yet is very satisfying.

and the bread lived up to my expectations.  Yummmm

1 comment:

  1. After a rice dish pasta is best and my wife does it like no other.

    ReplyDelete