Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hash!!!!


If you have read any of my previous blogs you know I like a good coupon and a good sale.  Both struck when I went to the store over the weekend.  I already mentioned they had the tri-colored peppers on sale so I had to get one of each color.  I also had a coupon for a Hillshire Farms sausage of my choice.  I got beef of course.  My darling husband/best friend is a beefaholic.  We could have beef every day as far as he is concerned.  So, what to do with a sausage and some peppers?  Why, hash of course.  I love a good hash.  I love a good potato.  And I have never had a bad potato dish.  Maybe I am a potatoaholic...

Here is the recipe.


Pepper and Potato Hash with Beef Kilbasa
1 sausage sliced
4 potatoes cubed
2 peppers cut in 1 inch pieces
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper chopped

Fry the sausage on medium high with a Tbs of olive oil.  I got mine nice and crunchy.  Take out the sausage and put on a plate.  Put the chopped onion and garlic in the oil and sausage drippings and cook for 2 minutes.  Add the potatoes and salt and pepper.  Cook for about 20 minutes and then add the peppers.  Allow this to cook for at least 10 minutes and then call it done when the peppers are as done as you like,  I like mine still a little crispy.

This was a very yummy dinner, and as long as you don't mind chopping, very easy to do.  Satisified?  Why, yes I am.  And full.

1 comment:

  1. This was a good solid filling meal. Not as adventurous as others but filling and a keeper.

    ReplyDelete