Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

Today was a special day for my darling husband/best friend.  I wanted to make it a special food day so he got to select the menu.

This morning we had chocolate coffee and biscuit & gravy from Tudor's.  He had the fried potatoes also.  We really like Tudor's breakfast.  Especially when I am too lazy to cook breakfast.

Since that was really a brunch we simply had some watermelon for a snack.

I asked him to think about what he wanted for dinner on HIS day.  He narrowed it down to the Rice Noodle with Flank Steak or Kung Pao Beef.  I love Kung Pao Beef so that is what I made.  Since I have already shared that particular recipe with you in the second post I won't go into all that.  Just refer back if you would like to try it.  It really is our favorite go to meal.  I always have everything on hand that I need and is really simple to make.


Love the crunch of the peanuts...

We rounded out the night with sorbet.  Black cherry and blood orange.  We both love black cherry anything so it was a no-brainer.  The blood orange looked interesting and I must say, I really liked it.  I really liked them together because the black cherry was sweet and the blood orange tart, very good combination.

All in all, a very good meal day and I hope a very special day for my favorite guy...Love you honey.




1 comment: