Thursday, June 7, 2012

Guy's night in....

Cheeseburger night...yeah man!!!  My budding chef, Nick, requested that we have cheeseburgers on guy night and we were more than happy to oblige.  Any excuse to have an umami burger says my darling husband/best friend.  Any excuse to have the wonderful ciabatta rolls I say!!!  

Tonight I had three different tastes to cater to.  And that is fine, that's what making things yourself is all about.  To borrow an ad slogan, you can have it your way...but it tastes much better when you do it yourself.  Mike is my plain guy. 

Mike's plain burger


After I mixed the sirloin and chuck burger I purchased I patted him out two patties that I seasoned with just salt and pepper.  I then added the chopped garlic and red pepper flakes to the mix and patted out Nick and I some burgers.  I then added the fish sauce to make it umami for the darling husband/best friend.  It all worked out fine.  The plain burgers got cooked first, then the garlic/red pepper flake and while all that was cooking the umami was finishing marinating and then they got thrown in the pan.  Everybody wanted cheese so the ones that were done got topped with colby and put on a baking sheet in the warm oven.  Oh, the oven is warm because I made some oven fries.  More about those in a minute



Nick's decked out burger...


I sauteed some vidalia onion and prepped some leaf lettuce and tomato as the toppings for the burger.  Toasted up the bun also....yummm.

Just because everything is better with bacon I cooked up some slices of that too.  Gotta keep those guys happy!!


The guys had chips with their burger but darling husband/best friend and I had some oven fries.  Tonight's fries just had some pepper and salt as the seasoning and cooked nice and crispy.






My plate when I realized I had forgotten to take a photo.  Fortunately the guys had two burgers apiece so I had a better photo op with theirs.




I got lazy on dessert and made a boxed brownie but they were rather yummy.  Triple chocolate threat I think they were called.  I just called them indulgent...

All in all it was a satisfying successful night.  I do believe that Mike told me it might be the best burger he has ever had.  High praise from Mike.  Nick spoke of the complexity of flavors and such...love that boy...

can't go wrong with a bacon cheeseburger, take my word for it!





















2 comments:

  1. They were extremely yummy too! I'm thankful that we have someone in the house that loves cooking as much as I love eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a Moore standard. The buns make these better then just about any other place will be able to do unless they try to use a better bread.

    ReplyDelete