Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The last of the leftovers....




Dinner tonight was dictated by some leftovers and some potatoes that were about to go bad.  If you have read the previous blogs you know we had Kung Pao Beef for dinner one night.  I had the other half of the flank steak just sitting there begging to be part of a panini.  (My darling husband/best friend got me the most wonderful present I have ever received last Christmas, a grill/panini maker.  The reason it was so wonderful is because I was getting tired of trying to balance the pot on top of the sandwich in the pan to make a panini.)  I had leftover rosemary potato bread from the Memorial Day Picnic fare and it is at it's absolute best when made into a panini  The toasting just brings something else out in that bread...yum.  It ended up as flank steak cooked medium well (salt and pepper) and sauteed onions (salt and pepper) and some colby cheese.  Nothing else.  It really didn't need it.  I also needed to use up some of that aioli because you really don't want to keep sauces like that for more than a week.  No preservatives in homemade stuff.  I had some potatoes that were almost gone (I am sure you have been there before) so I just cubed them up and boiled them until tender, chopped up a small onion and two stalks of celery and added the rosemay and lemon scallion aioli (about 1/2 cup each) and then two spoons of the chipotle aioli.  Very good.  All I had to add was some additional salt and pepper.  Once again, yum!  I love it when some leftovers come together to make a delicious and satisfying meal.

1 comment:

  1. I think panini's have become my preferred way of sandwiching.

    ReplyDelete