Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pork chops...


Pork chops...he wants pork chops...

In an effort to eat less red meat we decided to give pork chops a try.  Not knowing my dislike for pork chops, my darling husband/best friend suggested we have some this week. This was a challenge for me.  I wanted to create a recipe that would make a pork chop that even I would like.  And I did...

Pork Chops My Way

4 Boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon adobe chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper.

Pat the chops as dry as you can.  On one side I sprinkled the garlic powder, adobe chili powder and the rosemary.  I turned them over and put salt and pepper on the other side.  I did about 5 grinds each.  I then brought about one tablespoon of canola oil (cover the bottom of your skillet) to medium high and fried the chops for about 4 minutes each side.  Use your thermometer and bring them to 160 degrees.

They turned out very moist and flavorful.  I was very pleased.

Just in case the pork was disappointing I made sides that I knew could never disappoint.  Garlic smashed potatoes and bacon asparagus...yummmmm

Good meal.  And a keeper.  Who knew I could like a pork chop?

No comments:

Post a Comment